LITHIUM-ION/POLYMER BATTERY PROTECTION IC
UTC UB242 is a series of lithium-ion / lithium-polymer rechargeable
battery protection ICs incorporating high accuracy voltage detection
circuits and delay circuits.
UTC UB242 is suitable for protection of single cell lithium-ion /
lithium polymer battery packs from overcharge, over discharge and over current.
The ultra-small package and less required external components
make it ideal to integrate the UTC UB242 into the limited space of battery pack.
* Wide supply voltage range: VDD=1.8V~9.0V
* Ultra-low quiescent current: IDD=3.0μA (VDD=3.9V)
* Ultra-low power-down current: IPD=0.1μA (VDD=2.0V)
* Overcharge detection voltage: VOCU=4.200V~4.400V
* Overcharge release voltage: VOCR=4.005V~4.225V
* Over discharge detection voltage : VODL=2.15V~3.00V
* Over discharge release voltage: VODR=2.32V~3.10V
* Over current detection voltage: VOI1=0.05V~0.20V
* Short circuit detection voltage: VOI2=1.35V (Fixed)
* Charger detection voltage: VCH=-0.7V Reset resistance for over current protection: RSHORT＞500kΩ
* Delay times are generated by an internal circuit. (External capacitors are unnecessary.)
* Halogen Free
TYPICAL APPLICATION CIRCUITS