PWM CONTROL 3A STEP-DOWN CONVERTER
The UTC P1986 consists of 3A step-down switching
regulator with PWM control which includes a reference voltage
source, oscillation circuit, error amplifier, internal PMOS and etc.
The UTC P1986 can provide low-ripple power, high
efficiency, and perfect transient characteristics. The duty ratio
varies linearly from 0% to 100% in the PWM control. The error
amplifier circuit and soft-start circuit included in this device can
prevent overshoot at startup. Internally, the build-in compensation
block can reduce external component count. An enable function,
an over current protect (OCP) function and short circuit protect
(SCP) are also build inside, and when OCP happens, the
operation frequency will be reduced.
In application, the UTC P1986 is suitable for portable devices
when it works as an ideal power supply in SOP-8L package.
There is an internal P-channel power MOS, a coil, capacitors
inside and a diode connected externally that makes these ICs step-down switching regulators.
* Input voltage varies from 3.6V to 28V
* Output voltage varies from 0.8V to VCC
* Duty ratio varies from 0% to 100% PWM control
* With 330kHz typical oscillation frequency
* Thermal shutdown and SCP function and soft-start, current limit, enable function
* Low ESR output capacitor(Multi-layer chip capacitor) application
* Built-in switch P-channel power MOS
* Halogen Free