1MHz,800mA SYNCHRONOUS BUCK CONTROLLER
The UTC UC3656 is a synchronous buck controller for a DC/DC
converter optimized for high-performance microprocessor applications.
It is configured with current mode for excellent line and load
transient response. At 1MHz operation frequency, the use of small
surface mount inductor and capacitor is enabled. The built-in
synchronous switch saves the use of an external Schottky diode and increases efficiency.
The UTC UC3656 is a low-noise synchronous step-down DC/DC
converter that is ideally suited for systems requiring supplies from a
1-cell Li-ion battery or from a 3-cell to 4-cell NiCd, NiMH, or alkaline battery.
The UTC UC3656 is generally applied in power supply for portable devices and USB-based power system.
* High Efficiency (95%) Possible
* Input Voltage Range: 2.5V ~ 5.5V
* Schottky Diode is Saved
* Output Current: 800mA (@5V Input 3.3V Output)
* 1.0MHz Oscillation Frequency
* Internal ON/OFF
* 100% Duty Cycle Allows Low Dropout Operation
* Stand-by Current: 1μA (Max.)